Add new info to Gas Distribution Data Management solution

04-15-2022 09:56 AM
ScottStruss
New Contributor

We are starting to implement ArcGIS and deployed the gas distribution management solution for online (not Enterprise). We have used curb valves for some residential services and service valves for commercial services in our system. These are not an option within the solution. We have created new layers and fields within layers in other maps, but how can we create these new layers or add new fields to existing layers within the solution to maintain the designed support and functionality of the solution?

Sorry if this is an easy task, we are new to all of this.

I attached a picture of the GasSystem feature layer (hosted) Valve layer. The default valves are under the asset group but we can not edit or add anything here like other layers. Is it because of the solution package?

The other picture is the Gas Asset Collector showing the default valve options (excess floe valve, Flow valve & relief valve). This is where we would like our new curb valve and service valve options to be located.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JSchroeder
Esri Contributor

Hi @ScottStruss. Let me first say I'm sorry that no one has answered this question and it has been almost a year. I assume you have found a solution by now, but I would still like to address this issue in hopes that it might still be helpful for you, or others.

The Valve feature layer that you are suggesting to add the Curb and Service valves to are all noncontrollable valves (Excess Flow Valve, Relief Valve and Flow Valve). The Controllable Valve layer is intended for service and curb valves as they are meant to be manually operated by a person to cut off the flow of gas, versus the noncontrollable valves which have a dynamic mechanism controlling the operation.

That being said, you could use the included Asset Type of 'Meter' for your service valve, and the 'System' valve for your Curb valve. If these do not fit your need, you may look to add different Asset Types and/or fields that may not be included in the default configuration. This is done by going into the field and editing the domain List of Values (see attached image).

Further, this data model was derived from UPDM, and the full description of all features, fields, etc. is located at this page. In the first paragraph, there is a link to the Data Dictionary.

Please let me know if any questions.

0 Kudos