Can't build project on iOS Error code 70

Jump to solution
11-03-2022 01:11 AM
Labels (1)
tanerkoka
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I want to develop a Map ( using Arcgis Runtime sdk for QT ) application in Qt (5.15.2 for iOS) for iOS devices on a MacBook computer, but before I move on to it, I get an error to compile a simple application. How can I  fix it?

Error , Compile Output picture and Xcode command Line tools version is as follows:

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 16.40.51.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 10.33.59.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 16.31.18.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tanerkoka

Hi @Tanner_Yould 

After the above changes I uninstall and Install again Qt 5.15.2 version and probem was solved .

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlessioWilliamsGava
Esri Contributor

Hello, are you building for a specific IOS device version? I recently got a similar problem which was caused by unsupported IOS versioning in the current XCode version. Had to install a newer xcode and select it using `xcode-select -s <path_to_new_xcode>`

0 Kudos
tanerkoka

Hi,

@AlessioWilliamsGava no,  for all ios versions supported in the App Store.My current Xcode version now is 13.3.1. Will it be solved if I install Xcode 14.1 version?  Because it seems that the xcode 13 version is sufficient for QT 5.15 as in the link: QT 5.15 for ios 

0 Kudos
Tanner_Yould
Esri Contributor

Just so I understand the scope of the problem, are you unable to build generic iOS apps as well or is it just an issue when trying to build with the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt?

You may be running into a similar issue that I recently encountered. For whatever reason when I updated Xcode it didn't overwrite the previous version but instead installed a new version in `/Applications` so I had to run Alessio's `xcode-select -s <path_to_new_xcode>` command (which for me was `xcode-select -s /Applications/xcode_14_0_1.app/Contents/Developer`). It may be worth checking your Applications directory to see if you have other installations of xcode that Qt may not be identifying. If you find a different version, you can check which version Qt is using in the iOS Kit sysroot settings.

Hope that helps!

Tanner Yould
Samples Product Engineer
ArcGIS Maps SDK for Qt
Esri
0 Kudos
tanerkoka

Hi ,

Firstly I will trying to build with the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt, but I haven't gotten to that stage yet, first of all, I couldn't compile a simple qt application ( 5.15.2 for iOS).

I update my code to Xcode 14.1 version. After that I run sudo xcode-select --switch /Applications/xcode_14_0_1.app/Contents/Developer line in terminal.

As a result, the error did not change but the warning changed as picture below:

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 15.07.39.png

Qt compile output section:

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 15.08.34.png

xcodebuild -showsdks picure:

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 15.09.40.png

Qt kits paths:

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 15.21.20.png

I installed the highest version of XCode (14.1). Do I need to install anything else? How should I solve the problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tanner_Yould
Esri Contributor

I apologize @tanerkoka but it seems like this is an issue outside the scope of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt and an issue with your Qt iOS build settings in general. You may be able to find better help from the Qt documentation or more general forums. 

I found a few resources that hopefully can point you in the right direction.

That being said, it looks like you're still building against 13.0 when you need at least 13.2. Make sure your device and your mac are up to date and you have platform SDK 13.2. 

If you're confident you're building for SDK 13.2 or above, I saw something in my searches about deleting your shadowbuild folder and running it again. That might resolve the issue, but I can't be sure. 

Tanner Yould
Samples Product Engineer
ArcGIS Maps SDK for Qt
Esri
0 Kudos
tanerkoka

Hi @Tanner_Yould 

After the above changes I uninstall and Install again Qt 5.15.2 version and probem was solved .

Thanks

0 Kudos