Do I need a licence to use mmpk and ArcGIS Runtime SDK

Jump to solution
06-04-2020 03:57 AM
EricJing
New Contributor III

I am integrating ESRI map to our product. We will use ESRI map as offline map. We are planning to use ArcGIS Runtime SDK 100.X and mmpk. I am wondering if I need a license when I deploy it to production environment. (BTW, we have developer subscription to use ArcGIS pro to make mmpk)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric.

You can use an MMPK with the Runtime with a Lite license.

If your MMPK includes a locator or network datasets, you can also geocode and route using a Lite license, but note that if you want to use the Navigation API, that's enabled at the Basic license level.

Joe's comment about Standard licenses is understandable. You need Standard for local data files like Shapefiles, GeoPackages, local rasters, etc.. The distinction is subtle and I'll see if we can improve the text, but the Lite description here includes this text: Viewing maps, scenes, layers, and packages from the ArcGIS platform.

An MMPK is considered a package from the ArcGIS platform.

Hope this helps.

Nick.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

You need a license to deploy a Runtime application Licensing your ArcGIS Runtime App | ArcGIS for Developers 

For offline data I believe you need at minimum Standard level but your account rep is probably the best source for determining this information.  Other things factor in (internal app vs external, do you have ent. agreement, portal licensing...).  We have always licensed applications by connecting to ArcGIS Enterprise and validating named users

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric.

You can use an MMPK with the Runtime with a Lite license.

If your MMPK includes a locator or network datasets, you can also geocode and route using a Lite license, but note that if you want to use the Navigation API, that's enabled at the Basic license level.

Joe's comment about Standard licenses is understandable. You need Standard for local data files like Shapefiles, GeoPackages, local rasters, etc.. The distinction is subtle and I'll see if we can improve the text, but the Lite description here includes this text: Viewing maps, scenes, layers, and packages from the ArcGIS platform.

An MMPK is considered a package from the ArcGIS platform.

Hope this helps.

Nick.

0 Kudos
EricJing
New Contributor III

Thanks to Joe and Nicholas. 

0 Kudos