Select to view content in your preferred language

LRS Hierarchy grayed out in context menu of LRS Dataset in ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 Catalog pane

Jump to solution
08-16-2022 06:23 PM
GraemeBrowning_Aurizon
Frequent Contributor

To consolidate my learnings from migrating an LRS Dataset and Line Network created in a File Geodatabase (using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1) into an Enterprise Geodatabase I thought I would take the Esri Training Web Course named ArcGIS Roads and Highways: Preparing and Sharing an LRS Using ArcGIS Enterprise.

I know that this course is intended for ArcGIS Pro 2.9 with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 but I thought I would see how far I could get with it using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 with ArcGIS Enterprise 11.

Unfortunately, I was blocked early when I tried to examine the LRS Hierarchy for the Winona_LRS in the CityOfWinona_LRS_Model.gdb and found that option to be grayed out.

Before I abandon my attempt to continue with the course I just wanted to check that the reason it is grayed out is that I am trying to read an LRS Dataset in an ArcGIS Pro 2.9 File Geodatabase which is different enough in format to prevent it being read fully by ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1, and that there is no simple way to upgrade this to be ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 compatible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GraemeBrowning_Aurizon
Frequent Contributor

@AyanPalit I went to try that and, before I could, I noticed that ArcGIS Pro was using my personal sign-in (which is not RH licensed).

As soon as I signed in using my Aurizon credentials (which are RH licensed) the LRS Hierarchy option became available.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@GraemeBrowning_Aurizon Please try running the Modify LRS tool to update the LRS to work with the latest ArcGIS Pro version.

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
GraemeBrowning_Aurizon
Frequent Contributor

@AyanPalit I went to try that and, before I could, I noticed that ArcGIS Pro was using my personal sign-in (which is not RH licensed).

As soon as I signed in using my Aurizon credentials (which are RH licensed) the LRS Hierarchy option became available.

0 Kudos