Identify Routes from web map

Jump to solution
09-15-2022 10:37 PM
GraemeBrowning_Aurizon
Occasional Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Roads and Highways with ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 and ArcGIS Enterprise 11.

I really like how, in ArcGIS Pro, I can use the Identify Routes button on the Location Referencing ribbon to mouse along an LRS Route and see the Route Name and Measure in a popup as I do so. 

GraemeBrowning_Aurizon_0-1663306307649.png

When I publish my LRS Routes as a web feature layer is there similar functionality to be found within a web map?

If so, I have not been able to find it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@GraemeBrowning_Aurizon At the current version, Identify Route widget can be custom developed using the LRS REST API. To be specific, the below operations will be used:

A developer sample of Route and Measure widget is available on GitHub. Users can further customize the sample JavaScript to meet their needs for Web AppBuilder widget. 

The Product Team has plans to develop an Experience Builder widget that will provide similar functionality. It is on the roadmap for a future release. 

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@GraemeBrowning_Aurizon At the current version, Identify Route widget can be custom developed using the LRS REST API. To be specific, the below operations will be used:

A developer sample of Route and Measure widget is available on GitHub. Users can further customize the sample JavaScript to meet their needs for Web AppBuilder widget. 

The Product Team has plans to develop an Experience Builder widget that will provide similar functionality. It is on the roadmap for a future release. 

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
GraemeBrowning_Aurizon
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks @AyanPalit 

That's very useful to know the current options.  I found an ArcGIS Online Idea at Add Linear Referencing Support to ArcGIS Online - Esri Community which seems to be related to what I am still hoping for and have added my name to it.

0 Kudos