GP Service run in REST and give error

05-16-2011 10:07 AM
francescodi_vito
New Contributor
Hi guys,
i have develop a gp service and when i run the gp service in REST i have this error:

Unable to get value of param 'Output_Layer__2_' for Job ID 'j250539ef70ac48bba44b33ef6aca6f54'. The job may not exist or it could still be executing or could have failed.

Code: 500
What is this error?
help me please
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor
Francesco,

The error indicates that the output cannot be read for the job.

Can you check the jobs (typically c:\arcgisserver\arcgisjob\servicename\jobid\results) directory for the jobId to see if the output is generated?

Ravi
0 Kudos
DeonaEvans
New Contributor
I'm having the same problem.  The output is generated under the arcgisjobs with the appropriate job id.  It's all there but I get this error when trying to retrieve the data.  This exact same code works on an XP/Server 2003 machine but it doesn't work on a Server 2008 R2 machine.
0 Kudos
AndrewSchumpert
New Contributor II
Has anybody had any luck in troubleshooting this?  I'm having the same problem.  The GP Service produces all of the output files where they would be expected in the AGS jobs directory.  The output files are delivered to Arc Desktop.  However, the Flex Viewer GP Widget gives me the above mentioned error.

Running ArcGIS Server 10.0 sp5
0 Kudos
DeonaEvans
New Contributor
I still have this problem.  I've got to upgrade to 10.1 and I'm just hoping it goes away.  If not, I've got a big problem.  I'm hoping someone will eventually clue us in to what is going on.
0 Kudos