Type of Layer: Basemap is , which is not supported.

06-12-2012 09:17 AM
AlaeddineSaadaoui
Occasional Contributor
Hi all,
I have created a service from an mxd file and I am developing a flex application that uses the service. And whenever I start the application I get the following warning:
WARNING Type of Layer: Basemap is , which is not supported. 2012-06-12 11:58:42 WVAdMap/OutdoorAdvertisingMap.MapServer T20DOHB05L27506 ? 17001 8020 7256 GraphicFeatureServer.InitializeLayers.
I am wondering how I could fix this issue.
Thank you so much for your help.
Alaeddine Saadaoui.
Rahall Transportation Institute.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor
Hello,
This warning message is reported by the feature service. I assume you have enabled feature access capability on this service. Only feature layers/tables from an enterprise geodatabase is supported by the feature service. Are there any other types of layers in this map document that is published?

Thanks
0 Kudos
AlaeddineSaadaoui
Occasional Contributor
Hello,
This warning message is reported by the feature service. I assume you have enabled feature access capability on this service. Only feature layers/tables from an enterprise geodatabase is supported by the feature service. Are there any other types of layers in this map document that is published?

Thanks

Hi ravi,
I published feature tables and other tables resulting from the relationships that I created by using  ArcMap. I also enabled feature access capability on the service. I am wondering if there is a problem with what I did.
Thank you again.
0 Kudos
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor
There is no problem.  Feature server is warning that it does not support basemap layers (layers 4 and 5 in your map). In the feature service resource (<serviceName>/FeatureServer) endpoint, these two layer may not be listed. You should be able to use other feature layers/tables via the feature services.

I am assuming you enabled feature access capability on the service to support editing of features through the service? If the service is not intended for editing then the feature access can be disabled.
0 Kudos
AlaeddineSaadaoui
Occasional Contributor
There is no problem.  Feature server is warning that it does not support basemap layers (layers 4 and 5 in your map). In the feature service resource (<serviceName>/FeatureServer) endpoint, these two layer may not be listed. You should be able to use other feature layers/tables via the feature services.

I am assuming you enabled feature access capability on the service to support editing of features through the service? If the service is not intended for editing then the feature access can be disabled.

Hi ravi,
Actually, I don't know how I got layers 4 and 5 because I don't have these two layers in my mxd file. And I enabled feature access capability because I have a feature layer that may be edited in the future. I am wondering if I could remove the layers 4 and 5 from my service.
Thank you.
0 Kudos