Create Esri Quick Capture with ArcGIS REST API?

05-19-2022 03:18 PM
xxwwyytt
New Contributor

My organization is looking at using Esri Quick Capture for hazard reporting, but we want to integrate the functionalities into our own app that we currently been using. The problem is that quick capture cannot be used as a part of integration inside another app, as quick capture can only be used by downloading it from the app store. We are trying to figure out a way to include similar functionalities of quick capture into our app, so I'm wondering if we can use the ArcGIS REST API to create something like that in our app. 

Sorry if this is an apparent question. I am new to the ArcGIS products. I looked through ArcGIS REST API and I think getting and sending real-time data to our backend is doable, but I'm not sure if there is a more complex working schema behind quick capture.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Raul_Jimenez
Esri Contributor

Hi @xxwwyytt,

Just curious, your app is web or mobile/desktop?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by: 

include similar functionalities of quick capture into our app, so I'm wondering if we can use the ArcGIS REST API to create something like that in our app

But if you mean hosting data and collaborating, yes you can, here some resources to help you get started with that:

Note: just in case you don't know this, Hosted Feature Layers also support WebHooks and Layer views for a real-time and fined-grain layer control.

If you are looking for something different let me know.

0 Kudos