Passing Multiple Attributes from Collector to QuickCapture

Jump to solution
02-25-2021 05:56 AM
MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

I am writing to see if there is a way, without use of a 3rd party automation software or script, to pass multiple attributes from Collector to QuickCapture, similar to how you can do for Collector to S123.

Currently I am using the Project User Input to pass a parcel id from an attribute in a parcel layer to a point layer where data collection efforts are taking place.  However, I am interested in passing multiple attributes (Parcel owner, watershed, etc)  from collector to QC in a way that every point collected after launching QC from collector retains just not the user input, but those other attribute.

Thank you, and please let me know if you need additional details.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Megan, this workflow is not supported. But is an interesting requirement.

We are looking into supporting multiple project user inputs for a project. If we did this, and allowed each user input to be populated via a custom URL from Collector, then this could work.

I'll note down this request in our repo.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi, Megan! By other attributes, do you mean pre-populating the value of a feature layer's data fields in Collector and pass them as QuickCapture URL parameters? We don't support it, but would like to hear about your use cases. 

@JohnHasthorpe 

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Megan, this workflow is not supported. But is an interesting requirement.

We are looking into supporting multiple project user inputs for a project. If we did this, and allowed each user input to be populated via a custom URL from Collector, then this could work.

I'll note down this request in our repo.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

Hey @JohnathanHasthorpe  and @Mandy_Li ,

So it would be passing certain attributes from a certain feature layer (in collector) to a different feature layer (in QC), so not populating the same data set.

If the option to have multiple project user inputs was implemented, that would be a good solution for this, since the custom URL is already being used to launch QC and populate the project user input field. 

The primary purpose for us, is to ensure that the feature layer we are using in QC (which is a point layer for collecting initial site evaluation information and photos across the state), has some of the same information as the parcel layers the end-user sees in Collector, and the point layer (from QC) be filtered later.  Since this is a statewide dataset, being able to filter multiple levels is key. 

Let me know if you have additional questions/comments and i will be happy to provide additional information.  Thanks! 

JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the context. 

So it would be passing certain attributes from a certain feature layer (in collector) to a different feature layer (in QC), so not populating the same data set.

It could be the same layer or a different one.

Cheers

John

0 Kudos