GPS position delay; Freezing of QC when editing

Jump to solution
06-05-2021 12:58 PM
PetrSTASTNY
New Contributor III

Question 1: We experience GPS position delay in Quick Capture versus position in reality on all our projects and hardware (Dell computers (external GNSS and Android phones Integrated antenna). I try to demonstrate it with this attached picture where on google navigation I am already entering the roundabout and on Quick Capture map I am still behind my real position. With the same external GNSS receiver, we never had such problems when using GPS toolbox in ESRI ArcMap.

PetrSTASTNY_0-1622923132917.png

Our base map is generated as MMPK in Web Mercator. General settings of all projects are set on default values.

PetrSTASTNY_1-1622923132919.png

Question 2:

Another problem we have is when editing the position of the capture record. It works well for the first records we capture, but after a while when editing QC freezes once we click on pencil icon. The clock symbol appears and application is not responding at all and need to be restarted. We use Dell computers with WIN10 and QC 1.9.127. Do you have any solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Peter,

For Question 1 - This is a known issue with ArcGIS Runtime. Essentially the app is smoothing the update of the map marker, but as a result it lags behind the actual location of the device. This is a display issue only, it has no impact on the captured data.

Could you please raise this as a bug through support? That way we can help prioritise it.

For Question 2 - Could you try the alpha version of the Windows build. On some Windows devices we have been seeing freezing, this build contains a fix. 

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Peter,

For Question 1 - This is a known issue with ArcGIS Runtime. Essentially the app is smoothing the update of the map marker, but as a result it lags behind the actual location of the device. This is a display issue only, it has no impact on the captured data.

Could you please raise this as a bug through support? That way we can help prioritise it.

For Question 2 - Could you try the alpha version of the Windows build. On some Windows devices we have been seeing freezing, this build contains a fix. 

Thanks

John

PetrSTASTNY
New Contributor III

Hi Johnathan,
thanks for your suggestions

Question1:
We reported the known issue as a bug via ArcDATA Praha (czech ESRI re-seller). Under our organizational profile, it was not possible to register the bug report directly to ESRI.

Question 2:
We installed the Alpha version, downloaded the projects, but could not run the projects with side by side mode, which is for us crucial. In normal QC installation side by side, settings run on our projects without a problem so we assume it is a bug in the Alpha version. Therefore, we cannot test if a fix help to prevent application freezing when editing the position of captured record.

PetrSTASTNY
New Contributor III

PetrSTASTNY_0-1623220904503.png

0 Kudos
DavidCernicky
Esri Contributor

@JohnathanHasthorpe 

Could you please provide me with some documentation? Because if it is a known issue there should some paper about it. Thank you!

David

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Petr - try the Beta build on the Early Adopters Community: https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/version/default.html?cap=9c6a1e4687c34c7fb5c6f8f4e0bc2df3&artt...

This supports split screen.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Or this link: Beta 

0 Kudos