Export Hosted Feature Layer to Shapefile - Preserve Pictures as Attributes

Jump to solution
08-05-2020 07:37 AM
ClintBoaz2
New Contributor II

I am relatively new to Quick Capture.  I set up a test project for point data to be collected in the field with associated pictures and comments.  My goal is to export the data as a shapefile for storage, and use in ArcMap 10.1.  All of the desired attributes come over with the data (including attributes setup in the hosted feature layer and the Quick Capture Designer) but the picture associated with each point does not.  Is there an easy way to send those pictures over to the shapefile with the other attributes without having to open/ save each picture and then manually associate each picture with the respective point?

Thanks,

Clint

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Clint,

If you want to preserve the relationship between features and attachments you should really use a file geodatabase. You can export your data in this format from ArcGIS Online and open them in ArcGIS Desktop. Is there any reason why you are using shapefiles?

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Clint,

If you want to preserve the relationship between features and attachments you should really use a file geodatabase. You can export your data in this format from ArcGIS Online and open them in ArcGIS Desktop. Is there any reason why you are using shapefiles?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos