Connecting Integromat to an ArcGIS Enterprise instance

08-11-2021 11:47 PM
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor
1 12 5,550

By default, the QuickCapture modules in Integromat will connect to ArcGIS Online, but you can also make Integromat work against your own instance of ArcGIS Enterprise.

Before we start, it is important to highlight that Integromat needs to communicate with your own ArcGIS Enterprise instance, and this will not be possible if ArcGIS Enterprise is running completely behind your firewall.  You need to make your ArcGIS Enterprise instance is available to Integromat over the internet. ArcGIS Enterprise administrators are familiar with this concept, which is often resolved by exposing ArcGIS Enterprise through a reverse proxy in the DMZ, although there are other options.

A second step, involves explicitly registering Integromat as an app in your ArcGIS Enterprise instance. This step is necessary for Integromat to be able to securely authenticate against your ArcGIS Enterprise. Follow these steps:

• Add a new Item of type Application.
    • Type: Application
    • Title: Integromat (Really, you can call this anything you want)
    • Tags: QuickCapture (Same here, any tag you want)

JohnathanHasthorpe_0-1628745391106.gif

JohnathanHasthorpe_1-1628745457746.gif

All the above is necessary for Integromat to be trusted before you can initiate a secure connection to your Enterprise instance.

Now, it is time to create a new Connection within Integromat to your ArcGIS Enterprise instance.  While adding a new web hook using the Watch Project module, choose to create a New Connection:

1. In the Create a New Connection dialog, expand the advanced settings.
  2. Add the https URL of your ArcGIS Enterprise instance, including the web adaptor name.
  3. Populate the AppID and AppSecret properties using the App Registration information from the Application item you created before in your portal.
  4. Click on continue to authenticate against your ArcGIS Enterprise instance.

QuickCapture.gif

You will be able to re-use this connection again and again when creating new web hooks.

NOTE: That Integromat has been re-named Make. However, these steps will still work.

12 Comments
kcoonen
New Contributor

Are these redirect URI's still valid?

I keep getting no source found when I use them. 

alvarospm
New Contributor II

Where can I find the same instructions for Microsoft Power Automate? I did the same for Survey123 following these instructions https://support.esri.com/es/technical-article/000025025 Is there something similar for QuickCapture? Thanks

JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

@alvarospm - There is no connector for Power Automate, so these steps will not work.

JovanaB
New Contributor III

@JohnathanHasthorpe  - are there updated data source URL and redirect URIs for Make.com (formerly Integromat)? 

MaryWasson1
New Contributor II

@JohnathanHasthorpe I am trying to follow the steps in your article. My question is the same as JovanaB's. Are there updated redirect URI's for Make.com?

Thank you!

EDIT: Nevermind. I used the links and they worked. I'm in my portal!! Yay!

Logan_Stevens
Esri Contributor

@kcoonen - I was recently looking into this as well. It looks like those redirect URIs are still valid according to the Make (formerly Integromat) documentation - https://www.make.com/en/help/tutorials/how-to-connect-make-to-any-web-service-that-uses-oauth2-autho...

AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

I've followed along and everything works as-expected.. except - for some reason I have to keep reauthorizing my oAuth connection in Make.  Is this expected or do I have to make a setting change somewhere?  Every few weeks my automation fails and I have to go into my connections in Make and reauthorize my connection.

JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Is the workflow being actively used over the 2 weeks?

The connector should keep the token up to date as long as it is continually being used.

I'll need to look into this.

Thanks

John

AndrewBowne

Hi John,

Good question..  It is possible that the workflow is not being actively used over the course of 2 weeks.  Is there a way to keep the token alive for a longer  interval?  

Thank You!

-Andrew

JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew, no - the acess token will expire after 2 weeks. The connector will keep it alive (by refreshing it), but it can only do this when the scenario runs. So if the scenario does not trigger for 2 weeks, the token will expire.

I hope this helps.

John

AndrewBowne

Hi John,

Yes, that helps.  Thank you for the follow up.  What I think I'll do is write a little Python script that will send a request to the webhook once a day.  That should keep the connector alive.  Do you agree?

-Andrew

SuddhaGraves1
New Contributor II

I have migrated to Make and no longer see a "Reauthorize" button on my Connections.  Is there a way for me to reauthorize the connection or am I required to create a new Connection?

Suddha