Select to view content in your preferred language

Can you get the count and which features were modified after runnnig the snap geoprocessing tool?

10-02-2018 01:49 PM
TylerKnebel
New Contributor II

I am running the Snap geoprocessing tool in ArcToolbox to snap some line features to a point feature within a polygon feature. After I run the tool on the selected lines I want to know the count of how many line features were snapped to my point feature. When I go to the Results window under Geoprocessing I do not see where it tells you how many records, or which line features were modified.

Questions:

1. Is there an easy way I can get a count of how many line features were snapped to the point feature?

2. Is there a way to get the count to show in the attribute table? I want to select all the line features that were modified, and then run a field calculator on one of the fields to make a mass update on the lines that were modified. 

Note: I'm on 10.2.2

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

Prior to running Snap, use Enable Editor Tracking to get a field that indicates when the feature was last edited. Enable Editor Tracking—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Now after you run Snap, only the features that were snapped (or edited with any other geoprocessing tool) will get updated in the last edited date field, and you can run a summary against this field to see how many features were updated.