Shapefile to Geodatabase Port

02-13-2020 06:03 AM
DHuantes
New Contributor III

I'm porting an application that was a plugin in a Open Source GIS.  We've decided to port this into an ArcGIS Pro Add-In using C#.  We have an initial prototype working that is functional.  We are now thinking of the next steps.  The previous implementation relied on project files for each geographic location and it's related data.  This is equivalent, I believe, to ArcGIS Pro's *.aprx files.  My understanding is that each *.aprx comes with it's own default File Geodatabase which our computed result sets now reside in.  Much of my legacy data is in Shape files.  My initial thought was just to import that data that was previously all in separate Shape files for a given location to a single Geodatabase for that location.  Are there any limitations or issues I should be aware with the File Geodatabase?  Since I'm making the move to a geodatabase from Shapefiles would I be better served by having a single Geodatabase for all locations rather than separate Geodatabase's for each location?  What are the advantages/disadvantages?   Any thoughts or recommendations are welcomed.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
0 Replies