Loading sequence of add-ins is erratic

243
4
Jump to solution
12-28-2020 01:33 PM
MarvisKisakye1
Occasional Contributor

I have an addin A whose AddInInfo id starts with {368...} and addin B whose AddInInfo id starts with {5adb...}. I need these two addins to show up on the same group under the addins tab. Because addin A's AddInInfo id starts with a lower number, I created the group in addin A's daml and in addin B's daml, I set up updateGroup that refers to the group created in add in A.
When these addins are installed manually, the addins appear on the same group as expected. However, in order not to have to install all the add-ins manually, I added a folder in the 'add-in manager options' in ArcGIS Pro for pro to search for addins there on startup. When the addins are loaded from this well known folder, addin B doesn't show up on the group even though when I look in addin manager, it shows that both addins are installed meaning that it is indeed a group issue. It appears that the addin loading sequence is different when the addins are installed manually versus being installed automatically from the well known folder. How can I resolve this issue? @Wolf  @UmaHarano 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

It might be worth trying a dependencies element just to see what happens.  The wiki doesn't say it's no longer supported - just that it's "no longer needed".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

Did you try specifying dependencies in your DAML?

See step 9

https://developers.arcgis.com/labs/pro/manage-add-in-loading/

0 Kudos
MarvisKisakye1
Occasional Contributor

According to this link https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/ProConcepts-Advanced-Topics#control-order-of-add-in-load...,  dependencies are only for pro versions 2.0 and 2.1. Apparently in newer versions of pro, the dependencies are automatically sorted out by Pro. Unfortunately it doesn't say how they are sorted out.

0 Kudos
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

It might be worth trying a dependencies element just to see what happens.  The wiki doesn't say it's no longer supported - just that it's "no longer needed".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
MarvisKisakye1
Occasional Contributor

Huh! That worked! Thanks!

0 Kudos