ArcGIS Pro Checkout Checkin ArcGIS Pro datasets

04-19-2020 09:42 PM
HCL_GISHCL
New Contributor

Hi,

The recent release of ArcGIS Pro 2.5 has brought the required function of Checkout and Checkin as geoprocessing tools. But that will not be sufficient for our project functions as it revolves around the checkout and checkin functions. 

What we need is Checkout by Geometry with intersection options & Checkout based on attribute queries(text whereclause). As of now i believe it is not available but can there be any work towards ArcGIS Pro SDK libraries on these areas? Kindly let know.

Regards
P

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CherylCleghorn
Esri Contributor

Hi P

You can set definition queries on your datasets in the map and they will be used to create the replica. Can you explain what you mean by "Checkout by Geometry with intersection options"? You can add Replica Geometry Features in the Advanced section of the Create Replica geoprocessing tool.

0 Kudos
HCL_GISHCL
New Contributor

Dear Cheryl,

Thanks for the reply. I will try out the definition queries for checkout using attributes.

On the checkout by Geometry with intersection options I need to specify two options completely within boundary sometimes and Intersecting the given boundary sometimes as my workflow controls the users based on boundaries and we dont want users to cross boundaries during edit session. I understood the boundary can be added in Advanced section but it lacks the required option which was my workflow is based on using arcobjects earlier. Can you shed some light here?

Regards

P

0 Kudos
CherylCleghorn
Esri Contributor

Hi P

Thanks for the clarification on the checkout by Geometry. We can look into the possibility an enhancement to the Geometry features to cater for the 2 options.

Regards

Cheryl

0 Kudos