Zoom in\out (window zooming) in ArcGIS Pro,

09-13-2015 12:29 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Zoom in\out (window zooming) in ArcGIS Pro,

I couldn’t figure out if an equivalent tools for Zoom in\out (that allows window zooming) are still available in the ArcGIS Pro.

Clip_513.jpg

Thank you

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
21 Replies
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks ESRI developers for figuring out how to get back the “Window Zoom” tool into Pro 2.2

Jamal Numan
bearscat7
New Contributor

OMG!  Thank you for posting this Jamal!  I am taking my first course in ArcGIS Pro right now but I have made maps with ArcMap for some time.  There are simple things we haven't gone over yet (like this!).  So grateful!  Now I can work again in peace 😉

JenniferMcCall4
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jamal,

These options are in Pro.  As Rebecca mentioned, there will not be an exact one to one comparison of the buttons between ArcMap and Pro.  To view zooming options, hover over the Explore button in the Map ribbon.  To zoom in by drawing a rectangle, use SHIFT + dragging the cursor to create the box.              

zoom.JPG

Cheers,

Jennifer

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Jennifer.

What I meant here is to have a “stand-alone” button that can do the “window zooming” without the need to pressing the shift.

Clip_645.jpg

Jamal Numan
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Put in an enhancement request, the behaviour in arcgis pro has been documented by many including in the shortcuts list I posted earlier

Keyboard shortcuts for navigation—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

JenniferMcCall4
Occasional Contributor III

If you're looking for a specific button on the ribbon for this functionality, then I agree with Dan.  It would be worth putting in an enhancement request.

NICOLAPEDDIS
Occasional Contributor II

Jamal, have you tried to customize the inteface and search a similar button in  the one availables? I always did this job when i need a new button not present in the ribbon  or in the standard interface.

0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Nicola.

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
MichaelKirn
New Contributor

Jennifer, this three year old response is still helping people out there. Thank you! 

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

This was noted as Zoom in tool for ArcGIS Pro (Zoom by drawing a box) and will be implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.2.  You'll be able to add the Rectangle Zoom tool to a ribbon or your Quick Access Toolbar.