Select to view content in your preferred language

XY table to Point in ArcGIS Pro 3.0

09-15-2022 10:59 AM
padu
by
New Contributor II

I just updated my ArcGIS Pro to the latest version 3.0, prior to the update, all my ArcPy scripts were perfectly working but after the update, the first issue I have encountered is XY Table to Point. The script for XY Table to Point perfectly runs, but no Point feature class is created. I tried this both in my Jupyter Notebook and inside ArcGIS Pro, and I get the same issue. The tool runs but no feature class is created.

I have attached a sample data of what I am trying to display with the XY table to point to this post 

@KoryKramer @DanPatterson 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

failed virus scan

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
padu
by
New Contributor II

Hi Dan Patterson,

What is failed virus scan

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

A couple of things to try:

I noticed that you're running from and to a Dropbox location. If you place your input file and output gdb/feature class in a location that isn't trying to sync with Dropbox, do you see any difference?

The other thing that comes to mind is to check that you meet the new Excel driver requirements for 3.0.  https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/excel/prepare-to-work-with-excel-in-arcgis-pro.ht... Though if you can pull that csv into a map and open the table with no issues, it likely doesn't have anything to do with these drivers...

0 Kudos
padu
by
New Contributor II

I tried running the input data and the output file in the gdb outside of drop box, and the same problem persist. The excel/csv driver requirements are already met. Like I said, even with drop box, ArcGIS Pro was running without any issues, until this  3.0 update today

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

One thing I noticed in one of your screenshots is that the Coordinate system is blank:

KoryKramer_2-1663282177628.png

See below, this is what I'd expect to see:

KoryKramer_1-1663282149310.png

0 Kudos