Select to view content in your preferred language

Would Zoom to 1:1 in the Layout Look the same when you are printing ?

Jump to solution
11-03-2023 07:44 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Hi ,

Since I am away from the office and I am a remote worker, I have spend a lot of my time working in ArcGIS Pro so I don't go to the office a lot. Yes I drive to the city where my office a lot because I have to pick up my boys.

What I am trying to post here is about the Layout in the Pro. If you use the button "Zoom to display elements at their actual size"   Look at the screen :

PROBERT68_0-1699021642029.png

Ok, so if I use that button to zoom it to 1:1 in the layout,  Does it mean on the map will look the same when you print at the plotter ?

Here is what Zoom to 1:1 looks like in the Layout .

PROBERT68_0-1699023433676.png

The only concerned is the cities I put them there....

Thanks

@HeatherSmith   ----->  Since no one answered my question and I want to see what your answer if you can ??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hi @PROBERT68 

What you see on the Layout view is what you will get when you print or export the layout. However, the 1:1 button has no bearing on this. It just resets your zoom level to 100%

HeatherSmith_3-1699875361636.png

The 1:1 button does not change the scale of your map.  Zoom in and out on the layout and watch the controls in the bottom left corner. You'll see that scale does not change, while the zoom does change. If you click the 1:1 button, scale resets to 100%. Zoom is only for viewing on your computer screen. It has no bearing on printing or exporting.

If what you see on the Layout view is not what you want to print, you need to change the scale of the map. You can set the scale of the map frame by double-clicking it in the Contents pane.

HeatherSmith_1-1699875086690.png

This will open the Map Frame pane. On the Display Options tab, you can set the Scale. 

HeatherSmith_2-1699875149754.png

You can also change the scale by activating the map and zooming in and out.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hi @PROBERT68 

What you see on the Layout view is what you will get when you print or export the layout. However, the 1:1 button has no bearing on this. It just resets your zoom level to 100%

HeatherSmith_3-1699875361636.png

The 1:1 button does not change the scale of your map.  Zoom in and out on the layout and watch the controls in the bottom left corner. You'll see that scale does not change, while the zoom does change. If you click the 1:1 button, scale resets to 100%. Zoom is only for viewing on your computer screen. It has no bearing on printing or exporting.

If what you see on the Layout view is not what you want to print, you need to change the scale of the map. You can set the scale of the map frame by double-clicking it in the Contents pane.

HeatherSmith_1-1699875086690.png

This will open the Map Frame pane. On the Display Options tab, you can set the Scale. 

HeatherSmith_2-1699875149754.png

You can also change the scale by activating the map and zooming in and out.

PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. THAT helps !

0 Kudos