Why isn't "XY table to Point" working?

1296
17
08-17-2020 02:33 PM
AnthonyPodesto
New Contributor III

It runs through the process without creating an error and completes "successfully".  However, it does not create a new feature class and doesn't add anything to my map.  Nothing is different than what I normally do, I don't think.

Any insight is much appreciated.

17 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Honored Contributor

confusing, geo1 image has projected coordinates in the longitude and latitude columns, what did you specify for coordinate systems for both?

Perhaps you could clarify


... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AnthonyPodesto
New Contributor III

I use NAD 83 State Plane California

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Honored Contributor

don't know about state plane, but X is longitude and Y is latitude so check that you selected the correct columns in your file


... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DrewFlater
Esri Contributor

Dan Patterson‌ is right, you need to use the default selection for the fields, longitude should be the X field and latitude the Y field. I did some quick data entry for the first and last record in your pictured table, with the settings that match your pictured XY Table To Points execution and it displayed both points in central CA. This is using ArcGIS Pro 2.6.

0 Kudos
AnthonyPodesto
New Contributor III

Thanks for the replies.

I did exactly as you had done Drew and still no results.  Didn't even create the feature class.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Honored Contributor

Anthony, when you say it didn't create a featureclass... do you mean you navigated to the geodatabase in catalog where you saved it and it wasn't there (refresh the gdb to make sure)  Also, in the project backstage, do you have the checkbox checked to add results to the display by default?


... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AnthonyPodesto
New Contributor III

Yessir, the add results option is checked and I have gone to my database in the catalog pane and refreshed multiple times, without any luck.  It began happening yesterday with Pro version 2.5.1, so I updated to version 2.6.  Clearly wasn't the problem.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Honored Contributor

Don't know what to suggest since Drew got it working by entering coordinates himself.

Either something is amiss with the real csv file or you have bigger problems.  I would suggest exporting a few records of the table to a new file and trying it in a new map/project/after a reboot/on a different day/prior to calling Tech Support

Good luck


... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AnthonyPodesto
New Contributor III

Ok, I'll go back to the beginning, maybe something was corrupt from CAD.  Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos