Why is ArcPro renaming my raster files??

05-14-2019 10:56 AM
JessicaClements
New Contributor

I am working on a project where I am georeferencing raster images and then moving them to a "complete" folder. Sometimes, when I move the images, arcPro changes the name of the files and adds a "c" at the beginning. It also seems as if it has combined some of my files that have similar names. Does anybody know why it does this??

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

I suspect you are using a number at the beginning of your raster name? If so Pro will add a letter "C" at the beginning of the name instead of throwing out an error. 

JessicaClements
New Contributor

Interesting. But it hasn't done this for other files? Those other file names, even though they also started with numbers, remained the same.

0 Kudos
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

I generally work with a file geodatabase or other files stored locally on my computer. I am unable to create a raster that begins with a number in either the a file geodatabase or a file stored on disk (like a TIFF file).

Similarly I am unable to create a feature class in a file geodatabase if the feature class begins with a number. Only if I export to a shapefile can the file begin with a number.

0 Kudos