Why does the basemap change when downloading a mobile map package?

Jump to solution
08-16-2019 01:41 PM
NathanielSimmons2
New Contributor II

I am creating a mobile map package in ArcGIS Pro that I want to upload to ArcGIS Enterprise, and then download it for offline use on iPads. Before I created the mobile map package, I added the light gray canvas basemap, and used the "Download Map" button (from the Map tab) to clip the basemap so it could be uploaded and used offline. Then I created the mobile map package and successfully uploaded it onto ArcGIS Enterprise. 

On the iPad, I downloaded the map, but when I opened it (on the iPad) it was showing the "Streets" (yellow) basemap. I have tried this a handful of times and I keep getting the same result.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or know of a patch/fix that is coming soon?

21 Replies
MikePordes1
New Contributor III

So has this been fixed, meaning does the Topo vector tile offline basemap now keep the Topo style or does this workaround still need to be applied? Is there a bug to follow on this?

thanks in advance.

MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Mike,

The ArcGIS Pro 2.5 release will display and maintain the vector tiles with the correct style.  When you create a package the styling in the ArcGIS Pro Layer (LYRX) file is included in the package.  Runtime applications 100.7 and newer will display using the layer styling.    If you are using within multiple ArcGIS Pro project, save the layer file for re-use.

The .vtpk file on disk does have an internal style that differs from the style in the layer.  If you use the .vtpk directly (add data and browse for vtpk) it will display differently from the style downloaded with the vtpk.

-mark

0 Kudos