Why do my raster images import as black and white?

03-18-2017 03:54 PM
ArthurPritchett
New Contributor II

I'm importing a raster dataset but everytime I import them they come in black and white and I can't figure out why...please help

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
GreggKimbell1
New Contributor II

Could you provide a picture or an example. Normally this happens when you add the data and the process has not been completed or error. If the add is added and you have values try change the bands such as my example using Black and White one Band image. opening the options of the IMG Black and white image one band but changed the band combitions

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Snapshots of original image and imported image would help. What is the workflow that you are following to execute the task?

Think Location
0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Just in case you are seeing the checkerboard black-and-white...there are several thread on why that may happen

https://community.esri.com/thread/117678 

I don't know if there is anything difference, or not, because you are using Pro.

0 Kudos
ArthurPritchett
New Contributor II

Sorry guys, I got tied up...This is what I see when I Add Data, go to the raster data set and import the 4 raster band files. It's just black and white no color

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If the 4 rasters represent 4 different bands of a Multispectral image, you should use Composite Bands—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop . This will create a multispectral image.

Just adding the bands to Raster Dataset would create only single-band images since the inputs are single-band images.

*Remember to add the bands (Rasters) in correct order while using Composite Bands Geoprocessing tool.

Think Location