Why can't I edit my file geodatabase in ArcPro 2.2.3?

Jump to solution
12-21-2018 08:53 AM
WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I have a file geodatabase that I created in ArcMap 10.5 and am now working on it in ArcPro 2.2.3, but am having trouble editing certain feature classes. I don't get a warning or anything, I just can't create templates for new features, and cannot edit any attributes of existing features. The feature classes this is affecting are the ones that have attachments (there is a photo attached to each feature). 

However, when I try to edit the geodatabase in ArcMap, there is no problem and I can edit everything just fine. 

What am I missing? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alyssia,

Could it be that the layer is not enabled for editing? On the Contents pane, click the pencil button (List By Editing) and make sure the layer is checked on. Also on the editing tab, in the Manage Edits group, there is a Status tool that maybe can point out why. See the following links:

Get started editing—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Specify which layers can be edited—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop  

-Scott

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alyssia,

Could it be that the layer is not enabled for editing? On the Contents pane, click the pencil button (List By Editing) and make sure the layer is checked on. Also on the editing tab, in the Manage Edits group, there is a Status tool that maybe can point out why. See the following links:

Get started editing—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Specify which layers can be edited—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop  

-Scott

WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Scott! The Manage Edits --> Status tool was very helpful. Turns out that I could not edit the data because editing data with relationships requires a Standard or Advanced license (which my ArcMap is, but my ArcPro is only Basic). Back to ArcMap it is! 

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I think you should be entitled to same license level in Pro as ArcMap.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Yeah, I'm with Michael.  Whichever license you purchased for ArcGIS Desktop (which includes ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro) you should have for Pro.  Granted, if you're part of an organization that manages a number of licenses and different license levels, then yes, I guess it would be possible to have access to a Standard or Advanced license for ArcMap, but have been assigned a Basic license for Pro.

Are you using Named User for Pro?  Ask your administrator to bump your license level so that you can do your work!

WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kory, I actually just talked to our IT guy and got it all worked out!