Select to view content in your preferred language

What's the future of Concurrent licenses?

Tuesday
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Regular Contributor II

So we've just finished migrating from one ArcGIS Online org to another (US to APAC hosting) and with it our licenses have changed a fair bit to try and make use of effiencies. We are Mobile Worker heavy with a few Creators and Contributors thrown in for good measure. All bar 1 of our Creator licenses are actually from having Single Use and Concurrent Desktop ArcGIS Pro licenses. 

We've heard rumours that the Concurrent licenses may be phased out in future licenses model updates. I'm wondering if anyone can comment on what the future holds in this regard. Are they likely to disappear? WOuld they be replaced 1 for 1 solely by Creators (which would be interesting given the makeup of Single Use, Primary Concurrent and Secondary Concurrent licenses and their differing prices). 

Because of the June changes to the User Types and Roles, we now have 9 Creator licenses in ArcGIS Online that we can't assign to anyone because we have no compatible user types. Thinking we'll have to convert them back to Single Use licenses if we want to use them. 

Additionally, we have Network Analyst and Spatial Analyst extensions that can only be accessed by Concurrent licenses. Would these be swapped to Add-On's that can be used by anyone (like in Concurrent mode) or must they be assigned to particular users?

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohannesBierer
Regular Contributor

Maybe have a look here:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/arcgis-pro-concurrent-licensing-retiring/td-p/138...

As far as I know there will be only named user in the future ... .

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Regular Contributor II

That was an enlightening (and also concerning) read! Time to reach out to our Esri Liaison I reckon!

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
JohannesBierer
Regular Contributor

Think it´s a big problem for many organisations.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I agree, this will cause many migraines.

0 Kudos