What is the standard feature classes of ArcGis pro ?

Jump to solution
05-17-2023 06:49 PM
spiderman90
Occasional Contributor

Hello , 

I am  currently using ArcGis map that include lots of feature classes for electricity and gas and telecommunications.

We have to change ArcGis map to ArcGis pro .

i would like to know 

Does ArcGis pro has more feature classes that I have to consider ?

is there  excel file that include  standard feature classes in ArcGis pro ?

i have read that we can save the map document  as mxd file from arcgis map then import it into ArcGis pro ,but how could I move graphics from ArcGis map to ArcGis pro ?

is there a good topics about steps to change ArcGis map to ArcGis pro at community ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kbray_gis_
New Contributor II

Hey @spiderman90 

In short, most of if not all of what you do will come across to ArcGIS Pro fairly well, ArcGIS Pro doesn't use more feature classes, and you can point ArcGIS Pro to your existing data, so no need to recreate.

A good place to go to for some resources on migrating to ArcGIS Pro is this spot here:

Migrating to ArcGIS Pro | Esri Australia

ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro FAQs | Esri Australia

When you import mxd's into Pro, the graphics will come along with them, so you shouldn't have to worry about that either,

Cheers

Keiran

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kbray_gis_
New Contributor II

Hey @spiderman90 

In short, most of if not all of what you do will come across to ArcGIS Pro fairly well, ArcGIS Pro doesn't use more feature classes, and you can point ArcGIS Pro to your existing data, so no need to recreate.

A good place to go to for some resources on migrating to ArcGIS Pro is this spot here:

Migrating to ArcGIS Pro | Esri Australia

ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro FAQs | Esri Australia

When you import mxd's into Pro, the graphics will come along with them, so you shouldn't have to worry about that either,

Cheers

Keiran

0 Kudos