What happened to Pro supporting callout point symbols in mmpk?

Jump to solution
02-22-2019 09:40 AM
HeathAnderson
Occasional Contributor II

AGP 2.2 supported labeling callout point symbols that I formatted and used in my mmpk.  Now after upgrading to AGP 2.3 it appears that when after creating the mmpk the point symbol callouts are no longer retained/supported.  The labeled text is there with its color but the callout is not.  I use the mmpk in Explorer, which functions great for solely viewing data.  Does anyone have any thoughts, recommendations, or comments?  The purpose is to only view data, not edit.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Heath,

A bug was introduced into ArcGIS Pro 2.3  with regard to writing symbol and label definitions for operational layers in a mobile map package, and we did not catch it in our testing.  We will release a fix in an upcoming patch for ArcGIS Pro.

Depending on how the Map is being used, if the layer is in a basemap, the layer and labels with render correctly.

Of course if the layer is in a basemap access to the features, ex. Popup, is not possible.

If you do not have another compelling reason to use ArcGIS Pro 2.3, it may be best to wait for the patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Heath,

A bug was introduced into ArcGIS Pro 2.3  with regard to writing symbol and label definitions for operational layers in a mobile map package, and we did not catch it in our testing.  We will release a fix in an upcoming patch for ArcGIS Pro.

Depending on how the Map is being used, if the layer is in a basemap, the layer and labels with render correctly.

Of course if the layer is in a basemap access to the features, ex. Popup, is not possible.

If you do not have another compelling reason to use ArcGIS Pro 2.3, it may be best to wait for the patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Mark

0 Kudos
deleted-user-7SLqM7dlvYNN
New Contributor III

Mark Bockenhauer, was this fixed in the Pro 2.3.1 patch? I gather VTPK's don't allow for pop-ups so I tried creating a MMPK (via the Create Mobile Map Package GP tool) but have run into an issue where I can see it in Explorer for ArcGIS but it won't open the mmpk (after downloading it). The MMPK created from a VTPK works fine but there's no pop ups.

I then tried the Share As Mobile Map Package option using the 'Save package to file' option and it's thrown a somewhat illogical error of 'External sharing process failed'.

Explorer for ArcGIS

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Mark,

The Fix did not make it into patch 1.  It will be fixed in patch 2.

mark

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

I also noticed a downgrade in line symbols read by Runtime, going from 2.2 to 2.3.  Will the patch address this as well?

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2 will address the symbol rendering problem that you are seeing.

MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.3 Patch 2 (2.3.2) is now live (via the update notification) and available for download from MyEsri.com.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

My symbol problems are fixed.

0 Kudos