What happened to legend styles in Pro?

02-12-2019 11:58 AM
Dr__KarenMulcahy
New Contributor II

Where are the legend styles that are in ArcGIS Desktop?  The north arrow and scale bar styles are there.

As a follow on - who decided to make legend item labels with Less than or equal to signs rather than pairs of low and high values? It seems the only real option for an alternate legend is to covert to graphics and mess with that.

Tags (2)
2 Replies
BethanyLamb
New Contributor II

I would like to see Legend Styles come back as well, since this is the only way you can format a legend horizontally.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Karen & Bethany, 

Designating Items In Legend Columns is an idea you may want to review and vote for concerning this topic Designating Items In Legend Columns 

Improving Legend usability in Pro is on our radar, unfortunately we've had other priorities. In the meantime I would recommend utilizing layout template with pre-authored layout files (Layout files—Layouts | Documentation ) and using the Save as Default option available on Legend items (Work with a legend item—Layouts | Documentation )

I know this is not the complete solution you are looking for, but it might help in the short term.

Tom

0 Kudos