Using ModelBuilder to Automate Vector Tile Update

05-03-2022 01:26 PM
WorcesterGTSS
New Contributor III

I'm relatively new to ModelBuilder and am trying to create a model to automate the process of updating vector tiles on my organization's enterprise portal. I've included the Create Vector Tile Package, Share Package, and Replace Web Layer tools in the model. I'm having trouble figuring out how to connect the Replace Web Layer tool. In order to run that tool, I need the Package Item ID that is generated from the Share Package tool to use as the "Update Layer" input. I've tried adding the Package Item ID as a precondition of Replace Web Layer but that doesn't do the trick. Any suggestions on how to connect it properly would be appreciated. Thanks, SamaraModelbuilder.png

3 Replies
Jim
by
New Contributor II

HI @WorcesterGTSS , were you able to figure this out? I am working on a similar project. I also am getting hung up at the same spot. Thanks.

-Jim

0 Kudos
WorcesterGTSS
New Contributor III

No I never figured this out. I was exploring the option of referencing registered data for the vector tiles instead but I haven't been able to test this out to see if it actually works for us.

0 Kudos
seanchambers1
New Contributor

I too am having this same issue.  Have there been any updates?

0 Kudos