Using Map Series Dynamic Images with URL Field

Jump to solution
04-30-2020 04:10 AM
TerryBrock
New Contributor

I am building a Map Series where I want to include a number of images that are associated with each record. We store these images on Amazon Web Services, and have entered a URL path in individual fields for each type of photo. I have gone through the process of setting up the Map Series, setting my Page Query on the map I am using, entering a photograph box, and selecting "Dynamic (Map Series)" radio button, and then selecting the appropriate field that has the URL in it. Dynamic text works. Just not photos.

When you hover over the "Dynamic (Map Series)" label, it indicates this is possible, saying, "Picture is specified in the map series attribute table. Choose either attachment or a field that contains a file path, URL, or Raster Value."

However, when I run this, it does not work. I get no images in my Map Series.

Please help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Terry, 

I'm not aware of any issues that would hinder this functionality. What version of Pro are you using?  Have you checked to make sure the URL is correct? You can do this by copying the text you have in the field you are using for the map series and pasting this test into a browser.

You stated that you are using a Page Query. Is the feature/row with the link to the picture being filtered for the current map series page?

Tom

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

HI Terry, 

I'm not aware of any issues that would hinder this functionality. What version of Pro are you using?  Have you checked to make sure the URL is correct? You can do this by copying the text you have in the field you are using for the map series and pasting this test into a browser.

You stated that you are using a Page Query. Is the feature/row with the link to the picture being filtered for the current map series page?

Tom

TerryBrock
New Contributor

Hi Tom,

Thanks for responding!

I am fully updated with ArcGIS Pro, I did check the URL.

It looks like Page Query may have been the issue for whatever reason. I set it to "None" and the photos now seem to be coming through!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

Hi - I'm also having this issue, I'm trying to set up a dynamic picture based on a URL.  The URL Works if I copy and paste it into a browser.  I do not have a page or definition query set up....any thoughts? 

Thanks!
Pamela 

0 Kudos