Select to view content in your preferred language

Urgent: Exported pdfs no longer open after 3.3 ArcGIS Pro Update

Jump to solution
05-21-2024 11:27 AM
GabElburn02
New Contributor II

"Drawing error occurred"  is the prompt when trying to open an exported pdf after the ArcGIS Pro 3.3 update.
All previous versions of ArcGIS Pro exports worked. Hopefully someone has a solution for this? Thanks! 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GabElburn02
New Contributor II

Hi Ryan! thanks for your comment. I played around with Export Pane Settings yesterday and got it to work.  The Layout to be exported contained multiple external elements.
Under the Compression section > Checked the boxes: "Output as Image" and the "Compress vector graphics". I accepted the other default settings. The exported pdf opened fine after that.

I must admit I never had to change that before this update. I am just happy that it is working again. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RyanUthoff
Regular Contributor

What parameters are you using in Pro to export to PDF? I just tried exporting to PDF using the default and it opened fine for me with no errors. 

0 Kudos
GabElburn02
New Contributor II

Hi Ryan! thanks for your comment. I played around with Export Pane Settings yesterday and got it to work.  The Layout to be exported contained multiple external elements.
Under the Compression section > Checked the boxes: "Output as Image" and the "Compress vector graphics". I accepted the other default settings. The exported pdf opened fine after that.

I must admit I never had to change that before this update. I am just happy that it is working again.