Select to view content in your preferred language

Uploading Images for Ortho Mapping

01-23-2023 04:09 AM
Labels (1)
MackBros
Emerging Contributor

Hey, I'm new to ArcGIS Pro 2.0 and I'm giving it my first try at creating an Ortho Map.  I've been following the step by step guide here:  https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/imagery/create-an-ortho-mapping-workspace-from-dr...

When I get to step #6 and go to upload my drone photos, I navigate to the folder that the photos are saved in thru ArcGIS Pro and it tells me that the folder is empty.  I know that the photos are there, b/c I have viewed them in the folder on my desktop.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JMalik
by
Emerging Contributor

It sounds like you may be experiencing an issue with the way you are navigating to the folder containing your drone photos in ArcGIS Pro. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Verify that the folder containing the drone photos is not set to "read-only" or otherwise restricted in terms of file access.

2. Make sure that you are navigating to the correct folder on your computer. Double-check the path to the folder and ensure that it is the same as the one where you have viewed the photos.

3. Try to drag and drop the folder into ArcGIS Pro instead of using the navigation dialog.

4. Make sure that your drone photos are in a format that ArcGIS Pro can read. The software supports a variety of image formats, including TIFF, JPG, PNG, and more.

5. If the photos are in a compressed format such as .zip, unzip them before uploading them to ArcGIS Pro.

6. In some cases, it is possible that the photos may be corrupted. Verify that the photos can be opened on other applications and that they are not corrupted.

If none of these steps help, please let me know and I can help you further with troubleshooting the problem.

0 Kudos
MackBros
Emerging Contributor

Thank you JMalik - I think my issue is #1 above.  The folder was set to "read-only".  Although now I'm facing an issue of the folder automatically reverting back to "read-only" after I change it.  Currently trying to figure that out now.

0 Kudos
MackBros
Emerging Contributor

Update - Instead of clicking into the folder (which I then saw was empty), all I had to do was just single click on the folder and then click 'open'.  It then uploaded all of the photos to ArcGIS. 

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos