Update Web Map on ArcGIS Online from ArcGIS Pro

02-13-2018 09:22 AM
ModernElectric
Occasional Contributor III

Good Morning...

Please bare with me here since I am fairly new to using ArcGIS Pro, but have years of experience with ArcGIS Desktop. We recently implemented our ArcGIS Online account for use for our field crew(s). I usually update the feature layer(s) for ArcGIS Online from ArcMap. I have recently started experimenting with ArcGIS Pro, since I understand it is much easier to coordinate the maps/data between ArcGIS and ArcGIS Online. I have successfully created a web map with all of the GIS Layers, tables and attachments. However, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to update the web map. The only way I can do it is by going to ArcGIS Online, delete the existing Web map and then re-publish it again from ArcGIS Pro. However, this is not a time saver.

What I want to be able to do is if I do any data updates in ArcGIS Pro, then I can sync and/or update the current Web Map in ArcGIS Online without having to delete and create over and over. Is there a way I can accomplish this????

Thank You

10 Replies
LarissaFreguete
New Contributor

Please, if somebody has figured the solution using Arcpy, it would be greatly appreciated if it is posted here.