Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to use Geoprocessing History

04-07-2024 11:50 PM
NatalieL
New Contributor

G'day

Hoping someone can help!

My organisation uses ArcGIS Pro 2.8.8 and I am having an ongoing issue both on my laptop and on a Desktop PC, with being able to open the Geoprocessing History tab. Opening this tab causes ArcGIS Pro to freeze and it will not recover requiring me to use the task manager to close it.

I have confirmed that this is specific to myself and does not seem to be impacting my colleagues. 

Some troubleshooting steps we have taken:

1. Checked both my PC and Laptop - occurs on both.
  2. Had a colleague connect to both computers (via remote desktop due to remote working situation) and use the Geoprocessing History - no issues were experienced, and it works fine for them. 
  3. I connected to my colleague's computer laptop and desktop PC, and I still experience the issue. 
  4. Had ArcGIS Pro 2.8.8 reinstalled - no resolution to the issue. 

I am now working to have our version updated to 3.2.x but this may take some time and I am not sure if this will resolve the issue.

I wonder whether this is likely to be a corrupt file somewhere in installation, however given that it is specific to me, could it perhaps be related to my profile/login? Our IT do not have any experience with ArcGIS so resolving this has been a struggle!

Appreciate any insight. 

Cheers 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Geoprocessing history—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

geoprocessing history is written to one of two places, you will have to check your setting through the 

Project Options option to determine whether it is a project issue or where the xml file is being saved.

upgrading to 3.2 would be prudent since 2.8 and beyond may have had issues. 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos