Unable to Upgrade Pro 2.3.3 from 2.3.2

271
5
Jump to solution
06-10-2019 08:12 AM
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi all, I'm attempting to upgrade to Pro 2.3.3 but every time I do I get a "Microsoft Installer failed to Run. Fatal Error during Installation". The logs show a "ERROR MSIInstallProduct failed: error code = 1603". I've never had any issue installing before. 

I've went through some steps trying to clear this error 

   -  Followed this guide

   - cleared temp files there is now nothing in it

   - ensured no locks existed (did a reboot then tried an install)

   - it's not permissions as I'm running as admin

 

Before I completely uninstall 2.3.2, I just wanted to see if any one has experienced this and how they went about solving it. 

Reply
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Just as a follow up. I ended up taking copies of all my projects, symbols ect, uninstalled pro (I didn't bother deleting registry keys or anything fun like that), reinstalled the same version 2.2.3 then updated and it worked perfectly. Not sure of the why but it worked. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Are you operating as an unrestricted administrator.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert, thanks for the advice!  I'm updating as a Local PC admin, with full control over the computer I'm attempting to update. I have updated this particular PC many times in the past with no issues. 

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

I recently updated also with no issues.

When trying the update while in Pro do you have any active portals.  I don' think it should make a difference but may only be logged into where you licensing is located.

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately only one active portal and that's ArcGIS Online. Kind of a mystery at this point. I feel like just taking all the files i need from 2.3.2 uninstalling, reinstalling, and then dumping the files back may be the easiest solution.

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Just as a follow up. I ended up taking copies of all my projects, symbols ect, uninstalled pro (I didn't bother deleting registry keys or anything fun like that), reinstalled the same version 2.2.3 then updated and it worked perfectly. Not sure of the why but it worked. 

View solution in original post