Unable to share a Project or Map online

07-14-2021 06:55 AM
AnthonyDeLuca
New Contributor II

I am attempting to share my project or even just the map to a group I created within my organization (a university). I have analyzed the project and map and it returned no errors. When I attempt to package the project or map to share online, ArcGIS Pro begins compressing the project and then it does nothing. For hours. I have been unable to successfully share my project and/or map to this online group after two days of letting my computer run idle as ArcGIS Pro tries to compress the project and/or map to share online. What am I doing wrong?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No warnings either?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AnthonyDeLuca
New Contributor II

Correct, no warnings either. It just sort of hangs there and does nothing. I can still do things in ArcGIS Pro, so the program isn't frozen or anything. It just isn't compressing the project and/or map or is having a very difficult time doing so requiring more than the 4+ hours attempts I've been giving the program.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Then it probably comes down to what you are trying to package or your computer resources.

I can't see anything in this link relating to packaging specifically, but lots of other tips.

Troubleshooting Performance Issues in ArcGIS Pro - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AnthonyDeLuca
New Contributor II

Maybe the project is too large so it is taking awhile? It is several GB because I have multiple Sentinel-2 datasets that I am working with.

Right now I am attempting the share Map option, but to save it as a file rather than upload it to the cloud. It is also stuck on compressing package at the moment.

0 Kudos