Unable to reinstall ArcGIS Pro 2.2

02-04-2019 03:17 PM
RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

After installing ArcGIS Pro 2.3 we identified an issue with the Configure License window. To see if this issue was present on the same computer with 2.2 we uninstalled 2.3 and then attempted to load 2.2. However, when ever we attempt to load 2.2 it  says 'install completed' but nothing is actually loaded to c:\program files\ArcGIS\pro

Reboot had no affect on the situation.

Anyone having this issue? Interested to see if it is just me.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

By 'load' do you mean reinstall?  And if there was any shred of 2.3 left over, then you will have issues.

I normally remove any traces of esri, or ArcGIS pro  in folders and registries before beginning with a new install. Also, if you have installed other packages that rely on Pro, you should uninstall those first before doing the Pro uninstall

0 Kudos
RichardDaniels

Yes, I mean reinstall.

After I uninstall ArcGIS Pro 2.3 attempt to install Pro 2.2 the installer runs to completion without error, yet nothing is actually installed.  I gave up on that and attempted to reinstall ArcGIS Pro 2.3, it now shows the same behavior as the 2.2 msi.

The Pro 2.3 uninstaller must be leaving registry settings or something in the GAC that makes the MSI think 'it is already loaded'. I'm now left with no Pro on my machine.

Rich

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

tech support is place to call

AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Is it possible you've chosen a per user install option?  If so, ArcGIS Pro installed it to the local user profile:  C:\Users\<login user>\AppData\Local\Programs\ArcGIS\Pro.  If you see ArcGIS Pro in Programs and Feature in the Control Panel, look at the directory above.  If Pro is not yet install, run the msi again.  There should be an option to do per machine or per user install.

If you chose a per machine install and you get the same result, something did not insatll/uninstall correctly.  Contact Technical Support as Dan mentioned.  

0 Kudos
RichardDaniels

I agree, I think it may have had an issue with a 'per user install'. That being stated, the application shortcut was not loaded into Start | ArcGIS either (which a per user install would do even if the software was loaded to local user \AppData area).

I was able to get it to load by deleting all Pro references in \AppData and the Local, Roaming, areas then right clicking on the install and selecting Run as Administrator. 

Of course what is 'different' is that last week when I installed Pro 2.3 'Run as Administrator' was not required (i.e., I'm a local Admin on my machine).

Rich

0 Kudos