Select to view content in your preferred language

Transfer Attributes now available but not working

03-02-2021 11:50 PM
Labels (1)
PSAQATAR
New Contributor II

Transfer Attribute Tool is now available but it seems not working or I maybe missing something.

It seems pretty straightforward but it simply not transferring although message "Attribute transfer completed"

PSAQATAR_0-1614757505217.png

I have tried Saving Edits ( included when u save d project ), re-open the Table, re-open the project but nothing happens.

Went back to the good old ArcMap, done , straight away the open table view is updated .

11 Replies
JakubSisak
Regular Contributor II

Attribute Transfer with this tools is not working as described above by others. 

jetemple
New Contributor

Three and a half years later and this still seems to be an issue - the only way to transfer attributes when features wholly overlap is by switching source,target layers off and on again every time.
Pretty sure this wasn't an issue previously in ArcMap.

For reference I have two (almost*) identical polygon layers, and need to copy one values from one field in one layer across to the other.
(*enough of a difference to make spatial joining a separate kind of pain).

Any idea as to whether this is something that can be remedied, Esri? Surely by nominating the target and source layers in the tool's properties it can/should be able to then 'see beyond' the top layer..?

Thanks!

0 Kudos