Time series - current time dynamic text not correct

Jump to solution
08-31-2021 08:54 AM
Frasne77
New Contributor

Hello, I'm struggling to understand why the current time I have enabled on a map is not being used for the dynamic text on a layout. I'm using the dynamic text:

<dyn type="mapFrame" name="MapFrameName" property="time" format="dd/MM/yyyy"/>

But as you'll see from the screenshots, the time range I have enabled, is not what appears in the layout. 

I'm sure I had this working last week, for the same data, but I could be wrong. Is there a setting somewhere I've missed? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi!

Map frames on layouts don't pull the time settings directly from open map views. This means you can change the time in your map view to explore or edit data without impacting the layout. Looking at your pictures, it looks like the time is different in your layout view than your map (the heat maps look slightly different, suggesting different times). To fix this, just activate the map frame and change the time slider. Learn more about activating a map frame here: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/layouts/work-with-a-map-on-a-layout.htm

Cheers,

Aubri

Cheers,
Aubri

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi!

Map frames on layouts don't pull the time settings directly from open map views. This means you can change the time in your map view to explore or edit data without impacting the layout. Looking at your pictures, it looks like the time is different in your layout view than your map (the heat maps look slightly different, suggesting different times). To fix this, just activate the map frame and change the time slider. Learn more about activating a map frame here: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/layouts/work-with-a-map-on-a-layout.htm

Cheers,

Aubri

Cheers,
Aubri
Frasne77
New Contributor
Thanks Aubri - that worked. It makes sense, if I wanted to create a layout with more than one map frame side-by-side, with different dates but the same map - that's the only way it could work.
0 Kudos