Select to view content in your preferred language

Symbology from Pro not transferring to ArcGIS Online

01-07-2019 06:17 AM
JayHodny
Regular Contributor

Hello.  I am using Pro 2.2.4 and the 'My Elected Representatives' solution.  In Pro I have changed the symbology for the polling districts, voting districts and the other layers in the feature service.  When I pull the service into the web map, the symbology is not carried over and reverts to the default.  Is there a way to maintain the symbology I set in Pro in AGOL?  Also, when I rename the feature layers in the service in Pro, the naming does not carry over to AGOL.  Please point me to any threads on either topic if already answered, thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Did you already have the solution in place and then changed the symbology and republished the feature service?

Maybe you can try building a duplicate of this solution with the correct symbology from the start and see if the symbology persists in AGOL.  I'm just wondering if the json is not getting updated when republishing, in which case you would need to use AGOL Assistant to update the webmap json.

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Regular Contributor

The solution  was in place.  I did not republish or overwrite the service.  I will try that first.

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Regular Contributor

Overwriting the web layer did not work, received a 00102 error, 00102: <value> does not contain a  required layer type for> value at the Map level.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you using complex symbology that might not be supported?

Not sure if ESRI has sample data for this solution, but if there is can you try performing the same steps with their data and see if you get the same results.

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Regular Contributor

Hi Michael, thank you for your help.  I don't think the symbology is complex.  I have changed the polygon outline colors and in some cases added color fill.  For the point layer of polling places, I am using the LG ballot box symbol, but have changed the colors to match some of the polygon color fill.  See image.  Thanks, Jay

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Regular Contributor

Hi all, I ended up working with the symbology om AGOL and matched it as close the symbology I have in Pro.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos