symbology, different halo colors by form element qualites

11-10-2023 05:43 AM
Treeworks
New Contributor

Hello! I'm on Arcgis pro 3.1.

Complete arcgis newb here. I'm working in arcgis pro to create a map for planning, that our organization can use and add data to in the field from mobile devices through the fieldmaps app.

I've made a feature layer in fieldmaps desiger and used arcgis pro to customize the symbology using unique values, so users can collect data that get symbols colored depending on what quality they pick from a combo box in the form. So far, so good.

How ever, these objects have more elements in the form that I need to adjust the symbology to. I want a different color halo/border on the symbol depending on the quality picked in a different combo box in the form used to collect data.

And I've been struggling with this for too many hours now, trying to find answers on how to achieve this (seemingly simple) task. I've tried using attribute mapping and looked for capabilities in the arcade language, but when browsing the documentation on these tools, I've been unable to find the relevant functionality.

That's why I'm asking here.

How does one go about configuring symbology to stay the same for a feature layer, while changing only the halo/border of the symbols depending on the quality of a form element?

Or how can I set a unique values symbology for a feature layer to depend on the quality of more than one field?

Or is such a thing even within the functionality of ARCgis pro 3.1 - and if not, can anyone suggest alternate solutions for representing different qualities of form elements in a feature layer that has a set symbology?

Or does any part of what i just wrote make any sense to anyone what so ever? xD

I know it's doable with labels, but that would clutter the map and decrease readability.

Thank you.

Regards,
Arvid

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KansasDASC
New Contributor III

When you say you can't find the specific property for Arcade to do this, can you elaborate? I found some documentation/posts on a somewhat related post:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.8/help/mapping/text/text-formatting-tags.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_015D6...

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/arrcade-color-text-conditionally/m-p/1167716#M544...

0 Kudos