Select to view content in your preferred language

Symbology changes scale in 3D scene when zooming

Jump to solution
4 weeks ago
BB34
by
New Contributor II

So I'm sure that this is probably a simple solution but for the life of me I can't seem to figure this out. I have a bunch of Tree Points which I'm symbolizing with little 3D tree symbols in a Scene and I'm trying to get them to be accurately drawn using the height values I have for them. I think I have that part figured out as I used the properties and use real-world units setting. The issue is the symbols change size when I zoom in and out, I haven't had this happen before and I can't seem to find where this setting is. 

RobertButtrick_0-1720064279721.png

RobertButtrick_1-1720064303117.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BB34
by
New Contributor II

Well, I'll never know what the issue was but I just rebuilt the whole layer and this time it worked just fine using the real world units.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MervynLotter
Regular Contributor

This is a display property for the layer. Open up the Layer Properties, then click on the Display tab and then ensure that "Real-world units" is checked on. 

0 Kudos
BB34
by
New Contributor II

That's the method I used but there must be some additional setting turned on as the symbols still scale with zooming. 

BB34_0-1720108187521.png

0 Kudos
MervynLotter
Regular Contributor

That is unusual as this works for me. Perhaps try toggling between real-world and screen units or reapplying the symbology. Unless anyone else has some other suggestions?

0 Kudos
BB34
by
New Contributor II

Well, I'll never know what the issue was but I just rebuilt the whole layer and this time it worked just fine using the real world units.

0 Kudos