Summarize Within - no results - no error message HELP!

1011
8
07-27-2021 03:28 PM
TaupoDistrict_Council
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to run the summarize within tool (ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1) on a property layer to find out what zone the property sits majority in and how much that majority is.

Everything looks good when I use the tool, there is evidence of features being written to the output.

However I cannot find any sign of the feature class or grouped table having been created within the file geodatabase.  There are no errors or messages to hint at the feature class not being created

TaupoDistrict_Council_0-1627424447582.png   TaupoDistrict_Council_1-1627424485405.png

I have tried ensuring that my property layer isn't multipart by using the Multipart to Singlepart tool, however I am still getting the same (no) results.

Without an error message I'm not sure what to do next.

 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It would be prudent to navigate to the geodatabase and provide a the featureclass name 

Summarize Within (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

It may be going to some location that you aren't expecting like your scratch gdb etc


... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Does this tool present geoprocessing history results in Pro that would indicate the output location that it is writing to?

0 Kudos
TaupoDistrict_Council
Occasional Contributor

I have tried saving to two different locations to ensure that it wasn't struggling with reaching one location or the length of a name etc.  I am getting the same (no) results still.

The details show the location where it 'has been saved', but the file geodatabase there is empty .

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A screengrab of the tool would be useful.  Also, assuming both are in the same coordinate system.


... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
TaupoDistrict_Council
Occasional Contributor

Yip, we tend to use just one National coordinate system here.

TaupoDistrict_Council_1-1627435380123.png

 

 

 

0 Kudos
MervynLotter
Regular Contributor

I am having the same problem. The output feature class is created but not the optional  Output Group Table.  The tool was successfully executed if I look at the results and History pane, indicating that an out was created but it is not automatically loaded to the Stand alone tables in the project map or added to the geodatabase.  

 

This seems to be a problem that was introduced with Pro 2.8. My workflow worked perfectly before this. 

0 Kudos
KetaLegacy
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue. The tool appears to work correctly, but the path shown in the output does not contain a new feature class. I've tried a couple different geodatabases and restarting - the tool always seems to run correctly, but no output is created.

0 Kudos
MervynLotter
Regular Contributor

I am not sure if this helps but I have been testing the Beta version of ArcGIS Pro 2.9 and the problem is fixed. I believe Ersi will release 2.9 before the end of november (probably closer to the middle of November).

 

As a workaround, you could try the Tabulate Intersection GP tool. Unfortunately it does require an advanced licence.

 Do see https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/analysis/tabulate-intersection.htm