Select to view content in your preferred language

Street Index Lookup Table in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
09-19-2023 06:03 AM
JamesBooth
Occasional Contributor

I have a Map Series I have created using an existing feature class (GRID) with a designated field as the Name Field ("NAME").  I am trying to determine the easiest method to create a Street Index Table using a Streets Feature Class (polyline) that contains a "Road Name" attribute, and the GRID Feature class (used in the Map Series) that contains a Grid name.

What would be the easiest way to create such a table that allows me to format the results and make it aesthetically pleasing as well? 

Essentially, this is what I would be looking for as an example:

Albert Street........................................................................................R-9,R-4

Buffer Avenue.....................................................................................R-1, R-3, R-6

Cedar Court........................................................................................R-7

Smith Street.........................................................................................R-1, R-2, R-5

Appreciate any help people can provide!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Create a new text field in your rd feature class. Do a spatial join between your Rd feature class and you grid feature class (Choose within match option). This should join your grid and roads together. Once you have two feature classes, (Road feature class and Grid feature class) perform a regular join between the two and then use the field calculator to concatenate the Road name and grid cell into the new field created in your Road feature class

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

Create a new text field in your rd feature class. Do a spatial join between your Rd feature class and you grid feature class (Choose within match option). This should join your grid and roads together. Once you have two feature classes, (Road feature class and Grid feature class) perform a regular join between the two and then use the field calculator to concatenate the Road name and grid cell into the new field created in your Road feature class

JamesBooth
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! Do you happen to also have any small tips on how to then take that result and automatically make it a graphic table in a separate ArcGIS layout with all of the ........... separating the Streetname from the Map Grid values?

E.g. James Street........................C-2, C-5

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

If you're talking about an Index table, I always made my tables in Excel. Just open the .dbf file in Access and format it the way you want and export it to Excel

AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

This question has a couple of different options for doing a street index table in Pro. I really like the idea of using a table and changing the formatting up a bit https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/dynamic-text-table-attribute-amp-arcade-expressio...

Cheers,
Aubri