Select to view content in your preferred language

Stationing lines in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
01-28-2021 12:00 PM
Labels (1)
JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

In ArcMap there are apparently tools for stationing lines.  See here: Adding linear events by station measures—Help | ArcGIS Desktop

Is there a similar process for ArcGIS Pro?  I have figured out a bit of a workaround that gets me close by using $measure with the symbol property connection enabled for the route.  But it doesn't give true "stationing" in the format of 4+03.12 for instance. It displays 403.12 instead.  Is there a way to get true stationing in ArcGIS Pro?

Cheers,

Justin

12 Replies
ICONEngineering
New Contributor II

AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for posting this! I cant just quickly upgrade my license with my company to get special tools, so having this script was so incredibly helpful, thank you so much! 

JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

You're welcome.  I posted a video of my process on youtube if you need it.  https://youtu.be/sDx7J_wNw0Y

I posted a script a while back on the ESRI Community website that would provide stationing for a route in ArcGIS Pro. Feedback was positive, but some users were not sure where to put the script, so figured I would make this video and include the script here on YouTube for all to see how I do it ...
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Linear referencing geoprocessing tools:

Create Route Events and Make Route Event Layer

0 Kudos