Select to view content in your preferred language

Stationing lines in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
01-28-2021 12:00 PM
JustinJohnston
Frequent Contributor

In ArcMap there are apparently tools for stationing lines.  See here: Adding linear events by station measures—Help | ArcGIS Desktop

Is there a similar process for ArcGIS Pro?  I have figured out a bit of a workaround that gets me close by using $measure with the symbol property connection enabled for the route.  But it doesn't give true "stationing" in the format of 4+03.12 for instance. It displays 403.12 instead.  Is there a way to get true stationing in ArcGIS Pro?

Cheers,

Justin

12 Replies
ICONEngineering
Emerging Contributor

AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for posting this! I cant just quickly upgrade my license with my company to get special tools, so having this script was so incredibly helpful, thank you so much! 

JustinJohnston
Frequent Contributor

You're welcome.  I posted a video of my process on youtube if you need it.  https://youtu.be/sDx7J_wNw0Y

I posted a script a while back on the ESRI Community website that would provide stationing for a route in ArcGIS Pro. Feedback was positive, but some users were not sure where to put the script, so figured I would make this video and include the script here on YouTube for all to see how I do it ...
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

Linear referencing geoprocessing tools:

Create Route Events and Make Route Event Layer

0 Kudos