Sign-in Error: Object doesn't support property or method 'addEventListener'

Jump to solution
04-14-2021 08:20 AM
Labels (1)
awagner
New Contributor III

I'm trying to sign-in to my organization's portal through ArcGIS Pro. I go through the sign in prompts of typing in my organization's url, clicking the sign-in prompt, and then it asks me to validate with a certificate. On ArcGIS Online I can just click 'cancel' when asked for the certificate and enter in my username and password no problem, but on Pro when I click cancel I keep getting the same error pop-up. "An error has occurred in the script on this page. Error: Object doesn't support property or method 'addEventListener'. I can't select a certificate because I would need to have an ID card inserted into my laptop, which I can only do at work. I've tried clearing browsers histories and restarting Pro but I can't seem to work around this error. 

Any thoughts? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awagner
New Contributor III

I did find a solution! Try upgrading ArcGIS Pro to the latest version. There seems to be a problem for NOAA users if you have ArcGIS 2.6 or older. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jrackley
New Contributor

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the exact same problem, but from a NOAA computer with or without my CAC.

0 Kudos
awagner
New Contributor III

I did find a solution! Try upgrading ArcGIS Pro to the latest version. There seems to be a problem for NOAA users if you have ArcGIS 2.6 or older. 

0 Kudos