Set exact value for midpoint of unclassed color symbology in ArcGIS Pro

10-31-2022 04:09 PM
cstief_wri
New Contributor

When using "Unclassed Colors" as the primary symbology of a raster layer in ArcGIS Pro, is it possible to set an exact value for the midpoint? It appears as if you can only specify the min and max values:

image.png

I want to achieve a divergent color ramp that centers on 0. The best I can do is play around with the colors of the actual color ramp, but this is not exactly scientific and does not achieve the precision I am after.

MicrosoftTeams-image (4).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (5).png

And I do not with to use a classifed symbology, which I realize does allow you to specify specific breakpoints.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnWatt
Occasional Contributor

Hi. Try the Stretch raster function -  Analysis tab>Raster Functions>Appearance>Stretch. Has the advantage of being fast and not changing or creating datasets, meaning you can safely experiment a bit. Did something similar when wanting to use red/green ramps to show negative/positive difference between two DEMs.

JohnWatt_0-1667272508849.png

0 Kudos
cstief_wri
New Contributor

Thanks John—does this allow me to specify exact values or you are just suggesting this is a quicker way to play around with the coloration?

0 Kudos
JohnWatt
Occasional Contributor

My example is a bit of a bodge, but provided a way to put the middle of the divergent ramp exactly at the value I wanted.  The bodge is that I split my raster into two layers with different MinMax values using Stretch raster function (and messing with the statistics), and then symbolized with two monochrome red/green ramps ending/starting with white. And then specifying max/min value as transparent in the Mask tab.  Works but not elegant.

0 Kudos