SELECT BY ATTRIBUTE NOT SHOWING ALL LAYERS IN DROPDOWNS

11-18-2021 07:29 AM
nimitz
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I'm a new ArcGIS Pro user (teaching myself) having used ArcMap for many years. I have a project in ArcGIS Pro and I'm trying to select a simple attribute from a layer in my TOC. The only layers showing up in the dropdown dialog are the base layers, (i.e. - roads, parcels). 

I suspect this is our "viewer" that is visible to the field crews and the layers might have a permission that could be what I need?

Thanks for any help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello nimitz,

Welcome to the ArcGIS Pro community!  I was also an ArcMap 3.x baby and had to teach myself how to use ArcGIS Pro the last couple years.  It isn't easy especially when you are used to using ArcMap for so long!

As for your problem with the select by attribute, I have a couple questions.

1.  The layers you are wanting to select from that aren't visible, where are they stored?

2. Have you checked the selection settings?  If they are turned off for that layer or feature service you won't be able to use the select by attribute or any other selection tool.  A way to check this is to look in your TOC in the selection settings tab and if the check box is unchecked that means the selection ability is turned off.  See my attached screenshot.

Let me know if this helps or if you have additional questions.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos