Select to view content in your preferred language

Seeking historic Railroad that has their railroad grade.

03-29-2024 08:05 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this since this is for ArcGIS Pro. I do not see any communities for the "Dataset" section to create a post.

It would be nice to create one but...

I am in Colorado and I am looking for historic Railroads  and  I am looking for Railroad Grade. It does not hav e to be just for Colorado but if it runs through then its fine.

I have looked around and not sure what is the right data but would love to hear from others that can point me to .

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

this is likely to be a really specialized dataset and possibly not widely available for a number of reasons. What is your use case like? 

0 Kudos
AvaFarouche
Occasional Contributor

I have no helpful information for you, but I would love to know of an online community where we could ask about things like finding data, working with various types of data, etc. That's not really Esri-specific, but would be great.

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Years ago, I downloaded railroad shapefiles for CO from 1873, 1879, 1895, 1913 and 2001.  Not sure exactly where they came from as the metadata is very poor.  If you're interested in them, I can zip them up and email them to you.  Their very coarse spatially but give one the general idea.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Yes please !

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You got it!  Send me an email at rleclair at esri dot com and I'll send the zipped up file to you.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Thank you !  I will take a look at them . Thanks for the data.

0 Kudos